Police Re-Visit Anele Tembe's Case

The investigations are still underway

By  | Jul 19, 2021, 05:21 PM  | AKA  | Top of The

Post main image
City Press has reported that the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has passed the Anele Tembe case back to the South African Police Service (SAPS) for investigation. Many reports have said that the case was concluded but the police still have some more digging to do. 

Read more: AKA Is Out Of The Game

The rappers late fiancé died after jumping from the 10th floor at the Pepperclub Hotel in Cape Town on April 11. Her fiancé was gigging there and they had fought in the early hours of that morning.

In an interview with Thembekile Mrototo AKA said, "And things got more heated to the point where it was the early hours of the morning. So at one point, when things started to take a turn I decided that it would be best for me to remove myself from the situation. I decided I was going to gather my belongings and book myself into another room and hopefully things will simmer down.

"And things took a turn for the worst when we got to a point in the argument where Anele kind of threatened to kill herself. I had called reception for security and kind of tried to remove myself from the situation. And I think out of panic, I didn’t want to be there or feel that this was going to happen. So I went to the bathroom and when I came out of the bathroom she wasn’t in the room. And I looked around the room – she wasn’t there – I get to the balcony and I look down to the street, that’s where she was.”

The NPA sent out a statement to TshisaLive saying it is 'standard procedure' to send the inquest back to the police if the deceased passed away due to unnatural causes.

“The matter concerning the deceased, Ms Anele Tembe, was referred to the office of the Western Cape director of public prosecutions. The docket was subsequently returned to the police for further investigation.

"Further investigation was requested, as is standard for all matters where the deceased dies of unnatural causes. The matter is still under investigation by the police and is receiving the required attention,” said Western Cape NPA spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila to the publication.

Read the full article here.

Picture credit: Instagram
Read more