He goes by an array of titles and descriptors: Adrian's father, the Daddy of the Chez Nicholas stage, Lebadi - and over the course of his career Scar has touched right about every area of the entertainment industry. TV, radio, music - he's done it all, and lived to tell the tale.
Many moons since he burst onto the scene with My People, Thato Matlhabaphiri is still a regular on the scene and a figure many upcoming artists look up to.
Here's a list of things you may not know though, about this phenomenal figure.
1. Scar is one of the few Tswana artists who have been nominated for a Channel O Music Video Awards.
2. He released his first album Illegal Act at the age of 17.
3. Scar started rapping in High School after Kast introduced him to P-Side back in the 90s.
4. He officially broke onto the Hip Hop scene in 2001 and was one of the few defining Hip Hop acts on the scene at the time.
5. Metlholo got 3 Channel O Awards nominations.
6. In 2007 he performed alongside Mr. Doe at the Channel O Awards.
6. Post the release of his second album, which went Gold, Scar became an Idols Africa judge.
7. He had a great run on radio as well. Scar became a radio presenter at Yarona FM for a 6-10 pm slot co-presenting with Sesame Mosweu and later started presenting on the breakfast show, The Real Enchilada together with Tumie Ramsden.
8. The Hip Hop superstar was the first local rapper to receive a substantial endorsement and partnership with a cellphone company, leading to Orange selling Scar branded cell phones called The Scar Pack.
9. Fashion and Dining Mondays that takes place in Gaborone CBD is his brainchild. He started the initiative to appreciate and recognize the fashion and food industry in Botswana.
10. Scar does not have a promoter for his shows and he hosts his own shows.