Is This The End Of Muvhango?

We hope not!

By  | May 20, 2020, 01:28 PM 

Earlier this year our very own stars, Sharon Seno and Maxwell Dichi both landed major roles on the long running South African telenovela, Muvhango.

Well, it looks like our joy will be cut short.

The production company behind the soapie is reportedly in big financial trouble, our faves allegedly haven't been paid since October! The issue has escalated so much so that cast and crew are threatening to boycott the show and sue the production company.

The production company says the South African Broadcasting Corporation is to blame.

Here is a snippet of what is on the ground. 

"Last month when we enquired we were told that the SABC did not have money to pay them; that is why they couldn’t pay salaries. When we asked why the company didn’t apply for an overdraft to pay salaries, we were told that we would be paid double on Friday, November 29,

In the absence of a payment guarantee, we have sent correspondence notifying the broadcaster that we will be shutting down at 2pm this afternoon and we will only reopen when we have been paid,"


Hopefully the issue is resolved as soon as possible.

Read the rest of the story here!

Read next: Celebs Who Made It Big In Foreign Lands

Main image credit: botswanaunplugged